The Committee on Transport addresses the following issues:
- Transport policy options and programmes, including the evolving post-2015 development agenda, and regional agreements and mandates;
- The Asian Highway, Trans-Asian Railway and other initiatives, including inter-island shipping and maritime transport promoted by the Commission for planning and financing integrated intermodal transport and logistics systems;
- Measures to improve road safety and the efficiency of transport operations and logistics;
- Support for the accession and implementation of international transport agreements;
- Harmonization of transport standards and documents;
- Applications of new transport technologies, including intelligent transport systems;
- Private sector participation for financing and maintaining infrastructure, including through public-private partnerships.