The Third Asian and Pacific Energy Forum
Energy is the cornerstone of sustainable development. Demand for energy globally is rising and the Asia-Pacific region consumes more than half of global energy supply. Meeting rising energy demand and achieving universal access while ensuring energy sector development that is environmentally friendly, socially sound and economically feasible presents a significant challenge.
Our Focus and Services
Our mission on energy is to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all in Asia and the Pacific in line with Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7) targets, and to enhance energy security and connectivity through regional cooperation We provide platform for dialogue and knowledge sharing and implements programmes to foster the transition to a sustainable energy system by advancing energy access, renewable energy, and energy efficiency.
Working towards SDG7 targets achievement, ESCAP’s energy work falls into three categories;
Intergovernmental normative work
Knowledge products and researches
- Asia Pacific Energy Portal
- Flagship publications/resources
Technical assistance & capacity building
- National Expert SDG Tool for Energy Planning (NEXSTEP)
- Capacity Building on Energy (New!)
- SPECA- Working Group on Energy, Water and Environment
- Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration (RECI)- Energy
- Development Account Projects